Everyone has a home here in ISE. Our community is ethnically diverse and has equal numbers of women and men. We welcome international students from around the globe, and we foster and encourage a diverse range of student ideas and experiences. Because industrial and systems engineers synthesize key engineering and business elements within complex systems, it is imperative that our graduates have a keen understanding and appreciation for diverse needs and ideas.
We actively recruit students from underrepresented groups, including women, students of color, GBLT students, and students with disabilities. We are proud that a number of Industrial & Systems Engineering students have held leadership positions within the College of Engineering's student groups, such as the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Women in Science and Engineering, the Society of Women Engineers, and the Minority Scholars Engineering Program.
College of Engineering resources
- Center for Women in Science and Engineering
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology
- Minority Scholars Engineering Program
College of Engineering student groups
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers