The BSIE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Industrial Engineering Program educational objectives
- Careers: Our graduates are employed in productive careers utilizing industrial engineering skills in industry and/or academia.
- Engineering expertise: Our graduates apply engineering design methods and tools to represent, integrate and solve important problems, and their work reflects an appreciation of the non-deterministic nature of engineering systems and devices.
- Professionalism: Our graduates are ethical leaders who are socially responsible, work collaboratively with others, and have an appreciation for other disciplines.
Industrial Engineering student outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, environmental, economic, and other factors as appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate student enrollment and degrees awarded