Both the UW Commencement Ceremony and the ISE Department Graduation Celebration will be held in person.
UW Main commence ceremony in person event will be held on June 11, 2022.
ISE Department in person event will be held on June 12, 2022, 9am - 11am, Kane Hall, Room 130
Final steps before you graduate
Apply for your degree
In order to formally graduate (i.e., earn your degree), students must apply for their degree. You may do this two quarters in advance. To submit a request to file for graduation, please see your advisor.
Not sure if you’ve applied? You can verify the quarter you have applied to graduate by running a degree audit (DARS). If you have successfully filed, your anticipated quarter will show prominently on the top right corner.
File a spring MS degree request or schedule a spring PhD final exam in MyGrad by May 24
Complete MyGrad tasks, which makes you eligible to register for Commencement. https://grad.uw.edu/for-students-and-post-docs/degree-requirements/preparing-to-graduate/
- Set up email forwarding and migrate personal files off of UW servers
- You will soon lose access to your UW email inbox and UW file storage/drives. Set up email forwarding on your UW account so that you will continue to receive messages sent to your UW email address, and migrate all personal files off of UW servers (U Drive, Google Drive, etc.).
- Double-check in MyUW which option you have selected and that your mailing and permanent addresses are accurate.
- Diplomas are mailed to the student’s address selected on MyUW (local or permanent) two to three months following graduation.
- Double check the name you would like on your diploma.
Connect with the department via LinkedIn
- Now’s your chance! Invite classmates, professors and staff members to connect with you to start building your network of professional contacts.
- Add University of Washington Industrial & Systems Engineering to the Education section of your LinkedIn profile to show you’re a graduate of the department.
- Follow ISE's page to get the latest news and updates from the department in your feed.
Register for Commencement and/or ISE Department Celebration
- To attend UW Commencement
- RSVP to ISE’s department celebration (sent via email in May)
Students are invited to attend both an ISE Department Graduation Celebration and the UW Commencement Ceremony.
On June 11, 2022, graduates, along with their families and friends, will come together in Husky Stadium, joined by guests from around the world, to participate in a historic celebration honoring the Class of 2022.
Details can be found on the UW Commencement website.
ISE Department Graduation Celebration
An in-person ceremony will be held on June 12, 2022 in Kane hall from 9:00am- 11:00am
Have family and friends post pictures and stories about you on our Kudoboard!