Thank you for your interest in applying to the Industrial & Systems Engineering graduate program. ISE's day program is intended for full-time, on-campus students. If you are a working professional or interested in attending graduate school part-time, you should apply to ISE's Master of Engineering Program.
The Master of Science program begins in autumn quarter. You cannot delay your start or begin the program early.
Domestic applicants: The priority deadline of February 1st is for domestic applicants who want to be considered for funding; applications will continue to be accepted until July 1st.
International applicants: The international applicant deadline is January 2nd.
The application process is entirely electronic, unless and until you are offered admission. If you are offered admission you will be required to submit hard copies of official transcripts, but while applying it is only necessary to upload electronic copies (PDF files preferred) of the transcript(s). We accept applications for autumn quarter only.
The following items must be submitted to the Graduate School:
- Online Graduate School Application and payment of application fee. (This includes resume, personal statement, and uploaded transcripts.)
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically via request through the online application.
- If you are admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- International students & non-native English speakers only: Submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an equivalent exam approved by the Graduate School. For more information, contact the University’s Office of Educational Assessment or the Educational Testing Service.
- International students only: If offered admission, submit Financial Ability documentation.