Skip to main content

Future Students

Master of Engineering Application Procedure

Thank you for your interest in applying to the Master of Industrial & Systems Engineering program. This coursework-only program is intended for working professionals or full-time students interested in attending graduate school part-time or full-time. If you are looking for a full-time, thesis program, you should apply to ISE's Master of Science Program.

Application deadlines:

  • Spring Quarter 2024 Admission deadline is Friday, March 1, 2024.
  • Autumn Quarter 2024 Admission deadline is Monday, July 15, 2024.

Application Process

The following items must be submitted to the Graduate School using the online application system:

  • Online Graduate School Application and payment of application fee. Choose the application for the Master of Industrial and Systems Engineering (the Master of Engineering degree not the Master of Science).
  • Transcripts - Electronic copies (PDF preferred) of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to the online application. Unofficial copies are acceptable.
  • Personal statement - A personal statement should be written providing the department with information about the applicant not found in his or her transcripts and other official documents. For example, statements can include personal histories, professional and academic goals, and specific research interests if applicable.
  • Resume or CV
  • Three letters of recommendation - Confidential letters are submitted electronically by recommenders indicated on your application.
  • If you are admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended to the Graduate School.
  • For International students and non-native English speakers only: If offered admission, submit Financial Ability documentation. Submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an equivalent exam approved by the Graduate School. Official scores are required. For more information, contact the University‚Äôs Office of Educational Assessment or the Educational Testing Service.