The following items are required for MISE participation:
- Computer that runs a major internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Strong internet connection
- Cookies enabled in your web browser
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or 9
- External microphone (Recommended: Logitech Stereo Headset H151)
The software allows students to experience the livestream as if they are present in class. In addition, during small group discussions or in-class activities, online students are placed into small virtual breakout rooms. This is where they may chose to share their screen, write on a whiteboard, download group files, take control of someone else's screen or post a poll. Easy one click control features allow students to raise their hand before speaking, indicate that the instructor is going too fast or too slow, or indicate that they are temporarily unavailable.